Monday, April 11, 2005

curakter

Several of my acquaintances and students have asked if the people on the other side of this blog are interested in Kazakh/ Kazakhstani culture, life, etc. I told them you were, and that I try to tell about it (not exhaustively, of course). Anyway, I have helpful, thoughtful students who are good at English and very proud of their country, and I thought that it would be great if you would ask questions and they answered. So, please send questions! Questions about anything: what they learn in school, what they name their dogs (Rex. So now you can't ask), what they think of me, why they don't like chocolate chip cookies, etc. Send any questions to susanwunderink@yahoo.com , I'll post them here. Thanks!

By the way, I am healthy again, although my host mother is not. Spring has come, but it's not very romantic, since what it means is that the dead things in the streets are being unfrozen and that the mildew smell in my room has come back with a vengeance. But we're all thrilled, anyway, spending as much time outside as possible, everyone in the village is doing laundry, there are bedsheets everywhere.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you mean Surakhtar by your
"Curakter"?

August 03, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home