Sunday, November 13, 2005

raisins

I came back today from a language camp and slept for about 5 hours during the day, and I’ll probably sleep well tonight, too. It was an intense week, especially for a napper like me. I hope I've boosted my language skills, which I have been quite lazy about. I’m not sure how I would handle a group like us (“Saltanat, how do you say ‘why are you looking at me like I’ve got a banana growing out of my forehead,’ in Kazakh?”), but Saltanat, bless her, just rolls with it. Discussions/arguments about grammar forms and whether they match up with English ones (no) often swallowed 10 minutes.
Saltanat told us that a teacher must find each student’s raisin and re-hydrate it, meaning that everyone has something that motivates them to learn and a teacher has to, um, water it. Ryan pointed out that re-hydrated raisins are gross. I’m not sure what my raisin is. I did spend a fair amount of time, as I did during our training, laughing. Maybe laughing is my raisin.
The weather was gorgeous and warmish, until the last couple days, when it was below freezing for most of the day. . I showered THREE times in one week. Imagine! We made good food and drank lots of juice. And suddenly, it’s mid-November.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home