Friday, May 27, 2005

the bucket

I kicked the festering bucket yesterday. It wasn't full as usual, which is a mercy, it's our house's organic garbage, and it sits in the kitchen in a red bucket, right beneath the poster we hung yesterday, right where I needed to put my foot down in my descent from the set of drawers. It spilled right under my seat, which is only fitting, so that at dinner I couldn't put my feet on the ground.

Damira, my host mother, and I had been in the process of hanging a giant poster of food up on the chalky walls with scotch tape. This was a most excellent poster of food products, and will be the envy of all the relatives, at about 5' by 4' with fruit, vitamins, some kind of muffin, tea, and silverware. (Although, as Damira pointed out, this one doesn't display a full meal, as Aiman's poster does - no meat).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home