Tuesday, December 07, 2004

superstar

I manage to watch a lot of television here, much against my will, but it’s almost always on in the living room, where I spend most of my time at home. There is a show modeled after “American Idol” which is very hard on me. First of all, the bad singing tolerance here is very very high. People sing into microphones in public, at weddings, on television all the time aklthough they sing worse than a tonedeaf peacock. Hitting the right notes is not a cultural value. So, about 90% of the competitors on “Superstar Kazakhstan” sing worse than I do. And that’s saying a lot. But one thing they can hold over me – they sing with a tenacity and confidence I could never match.
Another feature – horrible makeup. I could go on and on, but let me just say that every girl wears pink lipstick, lots of pink blush, and blue, pink, or both eyeshadow. We need to export some makeover shows, too. It is an opinion which I will never abandon that no one looks good with a Pepto-Bismol face.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pink lipstick and others- Do these apply to all girls of KZ?
As I know the KZ Girls are prettier than (the fatty & ugly) ladies/girls in the US, RIGHT?

July 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home